March 9, 2020
The Venice Glass Week Meeting
I’m writing with regard to The Venice Glass Week, the international festival dedicated to the art of glass, that will take place in Venice, Italy from 5th – 13th September 2020.
This will be the fourth edition of the festival, which last year featured more than 200 events at over 150 venues around Venice, Murano and Mestre, and was attended by over 103,000 visitors. You can watch a short video about last year’s festival here. For more information about this year’s festival, please see the attached presentation.
The organising committee is now welcoming applications from any individual or organisation wishing to participate in this year’s festival. The deadline for applications is 13th March 2020.
It occurred to me that your network could well include individuals or organisations who would be interested in applying to take part in the festival, and I therefore wondered if you might very kindly consider helping us to spread the news about the Call for Applications via your communications channels? You can find some general information for applicants below, along with the festival logo and an image attached.
I do hope this will be of interest; we’d be extremely grateful for your support!
For any further information, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
With best wishes,
THE VENICE GLASS WEEK 2020: CALL FOR APPLICATIONS (DEADLINE 13th MARCH)
- The Venice Glass Week is an international festival dedicated to the art of glass, taking place from 5th – 13th September 2020 in Venice, Italy.
- This will be the fourth edition of the festival, which last year featured more than 200 events at over 150 venues across Venice, Murano and Mestre, and was attended by over 103,000 visitors.
- The organising committee is currently welcoming applications from any individual or organisation wishing to participate in this year’s festival. Proposed events and projects can include exhibitions, installations, conferences, workshops, demonstrations or any other type of initiative relating to artistic glass.
- It is free to apply, and there is no Participation Fee. For participants who do not have a venue for their proposed project or event, the festival organisers may be able to offer assistance in sourcing a suitable space.
- Artists and designers aged 18-35 can apply to exhibit in “The Venice Glass Week Hub – Piazza San Marco“. All exhibitors will have the chance of winning the new “Autonoma Residency Prize“, which will enable the winner to participate in a two-month residency at Pilchuck Glass School in Seattle, USA in 2021.
- For more information about the festival, and to apply to take part, applicants should visit https://www.theveniceglassweek.com/en/applications/, fill in the online Application Form with details of their proposed event or project, and submit it by Friday 13th March 2020.
- For general information about the festival, visit www.theveniceglassweek.com or click here to watch a short YouTube video.
- Keep up to date with festival news via social media (Instagram: theveniceglassweek / Facebook: @veniceglassweek / Twitter: theveniceglassweek)
The Venice Glass Week